780-476-1413

24/7 Electrical service provider

Get a Quote

Some reasons why the bulbs in your home get burnt out frequently

Some reasons why the bulbs in your home get burnt out frequently

Homeowners often complain that the bulbs in their homes get burnt out more frequently than expected. You have just replaced the bulbs in your bedroom. But before the month is out, some of the bulbs have burnt out. You might have observed flickering in some of the bulbs, while some might burn out without any prior indication. Frustrating as it might sound, it is a common problem. But the issue that remains is that it can prove to be expensive, and if you have a unique lighting system installed in your home, you will have to call the electrician every time a bulb gives out. Hence, you should try and get to the root of the problem and find out why the bulbs in your home give out frequently.

Some of the reasons can be as follows:

Faulty wiring

Electrical surges caused due to faulty wiring are one of the most common causes for electrical bulbs getting burnt out frequently. If your home’s wiring is quite old, then it would be a good idea to run a diagnostic and check for faults in the wiring. Sometimes, there are breakages in the wiring that you might not be aware of, which might cause electrical surges. In such a scenario, you will have to change the wiring of your home. You should always hire a licensed and professional electrical service to have the wiring of your home evaluated. Based on his assessment, you should consider changing the wiring of your home. If the wiring is too old, you will have to go for a complete uphaul or upgrade the entire internal and external wiring. Otherwise, changing certain sections of the faulty wiring of your home is sufficient to overcome the issue of bulbs giving out frequently.

Checking the output voltage

Every home has a particular output voltage that has to be checked by a voltmeter. In Canada, the standard is 120V with a frequency of 60Hz. But sometimes, the electrical equipment and appliances that you install might be of higher voltage or a different frequency. Or you have installed electrical appliances in your home that are faulty. Some of the factors that you can check for to evaluate the output voltage of your home are as follows:

  • The output voltage of your house has to be the same for all electrical appliances. So check the voltage mentioned on the appliances that you have installed in your house.
  •  Any faulty appliance that you install can short circuit the electrical board or even cause a light bulb to burn out. If that is cause for the burning out of bulbs, you will need to change the appliances.
  • If you check with a store bought voltmeter, sometimes it might give you a reading of 110V. This might lead to confusion, which an experienced electrician can only resolve. If you feel that the output voltage of your home is not 120V or the electrical appliance that you have recently installed is not of the correct voltage, then get in touch with a licensed electrician. He will come and evaluate the output voltage and the appliances of your home.

If the appliances are at fault, then these need to be changed; otherwise, the bulbs in your home will keep burning out. If the appliance you have bought is of a higher voltage, you will need to change it. If the output voltage is wrong, then you will have to change the other electrical equipment in your home to steady it.

Poorly installed bulbs

This is another problem that can result in the bulbs burning out frequently. If you have special bulbs installed in your home, ensure that these have been done professionally. If the wiring and installation have not been done as per instruction, you will find that bulbs are getting burned out frequently. The installation of the bulbs does not mean fitting the bulbs onto the fixtures. You must ensure that the wiring of the bulbs has been done correctly and that these are in place. You can ensure that the bulbs have been installed correctly by checking the following:

  • Check if the bulbs are firmly fixed onto the fixture or the holder. If you think it is loose, then you can tighten it. If the fixture is not your normal one, then you can get in touch with a licensed electrician to come and check it if you think that the bulb is coming loose.
  • If you think that the connection is lost and that the wiring is faulty, you should not try to handle the bulb or the fixture. It would be best if you got in touch with a licensed electrician, who can come and inspect the fault. It would be best if you also switched off the breakers before you handle the bulb or the fixture.
  • Check the fixtures and the holders carefully. If these have a worn out or a frayed appearance, it is an indication that these need to be changed. Damaged or worn out fixtures can also result in bulbs burning out frequently. Here too, you will need the help of professional electricians to change the fixtures and reinstall the bulbs.

If you plan to have the cause behind the bulbs in your getting burnt out frequently thoroughly investigated, then you should hire a professional electrician to do it for you. He will give you the exact reason for the problem and also a suitable solution. If you are a resident of Edmonton, Beaumont, Sherwood Park, St. Albert, or Leduc and require similar electrical service, consider reaching out to us at Professional Electrical & Controls 780-476-1413. We also provide numerous other electrical services which are bound to meet your expectations. You can check out our services by visiting our company’s website: professionalelectrical.ca/. Our licensed and professional electricians will provide you with services as per your expectations and your budget, so if you need any electrical services to give us a call right away.

Reference URL

expresselectricalservices.com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *